There are several basic action points every film commission should provide:
• To facilitate film, television, commercial and new media projects taking place in the region, and to proportionally increase the economic impact of the industry on the region.
• To provide coordination and leadership while serving as the liaison between agencies, services, businesses, and the film production industry.
As a film commissioner, your film commission will provide some, if not all, of the following:
• location scouting assistance
• liaison services with industry crew, facilities and services
• augmentation research
• liaison with the community and government
• marketing and advertising
• financial incentives – soft and hard
• a vision for the long-term sustainability of your film commission